Take a holiday in Kaltenbach and experience the benefits of the Zillertal mountains. The summer holiday in Tyrol allows a varied activity program in the fresh air, in the middle of the beautiful nature.
Are you looking for the most popular bridge in the Alps? - then you have come to the right place - the Olperer Brücke as the Instagram hotspot is at home in the Zillertal mountains. The Zillertal offers appropriate hikes for every level. Whether you want to enjoy leisurely hikes on the valley floor, mountain hikes or a summit conquest, you can do everything here. For those who would like to be more comfortable - our 11 summer mountain cable cars will get you off to the perfect start for your hike with or without a summit conquest. With the Zillertal Activ Card, numerous summer railways are included and this summer card offers many more plus points!
Tip! You can also take part in a guided hike with your host and certified mountain guide Stephan Haas. He shows you the most beautiful places of strength in the Zillertal.
Do you fancy an e-bike tour through the Zillertal mountains? The impressive natural backdrop and the well-developed network of routes and trails make all cycling hearts beat faster, from leisurely family tours to professional riders. Over 800 km of extended bike and cycle tours invite you to experience the unmistakable mountain panorama of the Zillertal with its 55 three-thousand-meter peaks from the saddle. Of course, we are happy to organize top modern e-bikes for you through our partner company Sport Stock, so the variety of bike tours is almost limitless!
NEW! But even downhill lovers don't miss out in the Zillertal. In Kaltenbach there is the new single trail Hochzillertal and in the Zillertal Arena, perfectly embedded in the mountains, there are further single trails for sport-loving beginners but also for true experts of the scene. You can find more information about the single trails here.
Are you looking for an andrenaline rush in the mountains? You are in the right place in the Zillertal - the Freiluft Academy offers fascinating canyoning tours in the Zemm Gorge - the breathtaking Blue Lagoon, as well as rafting and tubing on the Ziller. If you want to go high, you can take off with Stocky Air flying tandem and see the most active valley from a bird's eye view. 'Pure adrenaline is also guaranteed in any case with the numerous Skyliner offers as well as action and climbing parks.
Experience the unique nature in the Tyrolean mountains on breathtaking excursions. Do you know the largest lake in Tyrol?The Achensee - a perfect excursion destination in the summer - whether on a voyage of discovery on a boat trip, or indulging in a refreshing dip or simply relaxing in the sun - pure summer freshness. Here are our excursion tips for you:
- Zillertaler Höhenstraße - Enjoy unforgettable beautiful eyes and views while driving on one of the most beautiful alpine roads in Austria. Here, the Zillertal mountains are literally at your feet.
- Adlerbühne at the Ahorn - At 2,000 m above sea level, the kings of the air delight with spectacular aerial acrobatics in front of the dreamy backdrop of the Zillertal Alps.
- Schlegeis Reservoir - The Schlegeis Alpine Road leads through natural stone tunnels past imposing waterfalls to the reservoir. A perfect connection between nature and technology awaits you there.
- Spannagel Cave - The highest show cave in Europe is a fascinating natural monument with an attached cave museum and is located approx. 30 km from Kaltenbach.
- Krimml Waterfalls - Marvel at the largest waterfalls in Europe, with a fall height of 385 m. On the way to Krimml, we treat you to a detour to the Wildgerlostal, past the Durlassboden reservoir in the beautiful Finkau.