Take a holiday in Kaltenbach and experience the benefits of the Zillertal mountains. The summer holiday in Tyrol allows a varied activity program in the fresh air, in the middle of the beautiful nature.
Boundless diversity - with its numerous hiking trails, the Zillertal offers suitable hikes for every level. Whether you want to enjoy pleasurable and leisurely walks on the valley floor, mountain hikes or a summit victory, here you can do it all. You can also take part in a guided hike with your host and certified hiking guide Stephan Haas. He shows you the most beautiful places of power in the Zillertal.
If you would like to be more comfortable - our 11 summer cable cars will bring you the perfect start for your hike with or without a summit victory. Tip: The Zillertal Activ Card includes numerous summer lifts and this summer card offers many other pluses!
The impressive natural scenery and the well-developed route and road network make the heart beat faster from cozy family tours to professional riders. Over 800 km of well-developed bike and bike tours invite you to experience the unmistakable mountain panorama of the Zillertal with its 55 three-thousanders from the saddle. Of course, we are happy to organize top-modern e-bikes for you through our partner Sport Stock, so that the variety of bike tours is almost limitless!
But downhill lovers are not forgotten in the Zillertal. In the Zillertal Arena are perfectly embedded in the mountains some single trails for sports enthusiasts beginners but also for true experts of the scene. More information about the single trails can be found here.
Here are our excursion tips for you:
- Zillertaler Höhenstraße - Enjoy unforgettably beautiful sights and views during a ride on one of the most beautiful Alpine roads in Austria. Here is the Zillertal mountains literally at your feet.
- Adlerbühne am Ahorn - At 2,000 m above sea level, the kings of the skies amaze themselves with spectacular aerial acrobatics in front of the dreamlike backdrop of the Zillertal Alps.
- Schlegeis Reservoir - The Schlegeis Alpine Road leads through natural stone tunnels past imposing waterfalls to the reservoir. She expects there a perfect connection between nature and technology.
- Spannagelhöhle - The highest show cave in Europe is a fascinating natural monument with an attached cave museum and is located about 30 km from Kaltenbach.
- Krimml Waterfalls - Marvel at the largest waterfalls in Europe, with a drop of 385 m. On the way to Krimml we treat you to a detour into the Wildgerlostal, past the reservoir Durlassboden in the beautiful Finkau.
If you are looking for the Andrenalin kick in the mountains? Then you are in the right place in the Zillertal - the open air academy offers fascinating canyoning tours in the Zemmschlucht - the breathtaking Blue Lagoon, as well as rafting, tubing at the Ziller. If you want to go high, you can fly with the Stocky Air at the tandem flying and view the most active valley from a bird's eye view. 'Pure adrenaline is also guaranteed in the numerous Skyliner offers and action and climbing parks in any case.